Gator Roundup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gator Roundup

The Ultimate Free Florida Gator and sports forum on the web!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If we have a playoff ... check this out

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

If we have a playoff ... check this out Empty
PostSubject: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 12:48 pm

call me crazy but a 32 or 64 playoff would be sick, like in basketball 4 #1 seeds. and they all get homefield advantage the higher rank until the final 8

so it would

orange team 1 and 2
rose team 3 and 4
sugar team 5 and 6
fiesta 7 and 8

and then use the 4 winners at the final bowl game, so it does not effect travel costs and that stuff, (basically a playoff costs much more for the school and the fans)... think about it fans will need to travel and if the playoff lasts a month i am sure people will need to go home and work.

All conferences should have a champ game

So winner of SEC, Big 12, ACC, PAC 10/big 10 would be #1 seed the lowest ranked winner would be the team that does not make it out of those 5 so this case it would be between

(not including postseason)
1*
#1 Florida (12-1)
#2 Oklahoma (12-1)
#3 USC (11-1)
#4 PSU (11-1)

those would be your #1 seeds

(now the lowest ranked big 5 conference and other winners)
2*
#1 Virginia Tech (9-4)
#2 Utah (12-0)
#3 Cincinnati (10-3)
#4 Boise State (12-0)

(now would be the teams that got left out/runnerup)
3*
#1 Texas
#2 Alabama
#3 Ohio State
#4 Texas Tech

(could be a 9-10 win team/ little conference winner with around 7-8 wins)
4*
#1 Ole Miss
#2 Georgia
#3 TCU
#4 Missouri

(same as above ..picking the teams standings wise)
5*
#1 Oregon
#2 Tulsa
#3 Buffalo
#4 Boston College

(now picking record/ranking wise)
6*
#1 Oklahoma State
#2 Georgia Tech
#3 Ball State
#4 BYU

7*
#1 Nebraska
#2 Florida State
#3 East Carolina
#4 Pittsburgh

#1 rice
#2 Air Force
#3 Michigan State
#4 Northwestern

#1 West Virginia
#2 Western Michigan
#3 Troy
#4 Louisiana Tech

10*
#1 Oregon State
#2 California
#3 Iowa
#4 LSU

11*
#1 Central Michigan
#2 Houston
#3 Navy
#4 Kansas

12*
#1 North Carolina
#2 Rutgers
#3 Arizona
#4 Maryland

13*
#1 Vanderbilt
#2 Wake Forest
#3 South Carolina
#4 Connecticut

14*
#1 Clemson
#2 Miami
#3 Minnesota
#4 Southern Miss

15*
#1 Kentucky
#2 Nevada
#3 North Carolina State
#4 Colorado State

So the remaining teams are
Wisconsin (6-6)
Notre Dame (6-6)
Memphis (6-6)
Bowling Green (6-6)
Northern Illinois (6-6)
Louisiana Lafayette (6-6)
Florida Atlantic (6-6)
Arkansas State (6-6)
Hawaii (7-6)
Fresno State (7-5)
San Jose State (6-6)

So 11 teams left and we need to pick 4.. it would be choosen by the best w% so FSU goes 1, then since the rest are 6-6 besides hawaii who played 13 games to this point. It would go by teams that travel the best (luckily Miami isnt involed Smile.. so Notre dame as bad as they are would be #2, then Wisconsin for sure. Or you could judge by conference or non conference record.. we will use Conference record to decide #64, Northern Illinois is 5-3 and Louisiana-lafayette is 5-2, however NIU has played WMU, CMU and BSU and they are a playoff teams and kept it close to Minnesota.. so id give them the nod... and then hello controversy!!!

16*
#1 Fresno State
#2 Notre Dame
#3 Wisconsin
#4 Northern Illinois

So then you match

Florida vs Fresno at the Swamp
Oklahoma vs notre dame in norman
USC vs Wisconsin in SoCal
Penn state vs NIU at happy valley

and from there have the highest ranked team play home until the elite 8.

I am sure the teams would be mixed differently then i had them from BCS and SOS.

but i think we should eliminate the coaches poll and use AP instead and use a fan poll for a small percentage... I know there is a way so a person can vote once.

Since the coaches are to stupid to vote the right way
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/xtigersmarlinsx
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 1:01 pm

what do you guys think of it?
Back to top Go down
Warf_GatorFanForLife
Vice President
Warf_GatorFanForLife

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 1:12 pm

damn man thats a lot of thought...I would go 8 at the most to keep cost down...I would worried if a little school got in they could not afford to come in...I would do eight tho...and I would make every conference play a title game no matter the size of their conference. Take the eight winners and seed them up that way to see who plays who...and do the first four games at the four BCS places now and once it gets down two to games take the two best teams and bring them closees to home as you can but still in a BCS place. and Once the final two have been played down...Play them like we do the title game now switch BCS places each year...whatcha think about that?
Back to top Go down
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 1:15 pm

it will create alot of controversy like with the 9 seed.. they want a playoff so badly anyways i know the price will be alot but they could pack all the conferences into 2 of the 4 regions so like FAU would only have to travel up to Gainesville..etc
Back to top Go down
Warf_GatorFanForLife
Vice President
Warf_GatorFanForLife

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 1:19 pm

Yeah thats a good idea but then the little teams like utah would2312 if their home wasn't in a region...Maybe we could get a 16 team place off or call me crazy but a 26 team playoff...I know that sounds crazy but hear me out...I want the top 25 teams in the AP poll to be in but since 25 isn't a number that would work we bring in a 26 maybe a team the fans can vote for ( that is a little crazy ) and play them out like that but The top eight seeds have to go to the conferences winners then the teams with the best record out of them get the higher seed...and seed the other teams as their rank is we would have to have four regions and do it kinda like basketball but less teams.
Back to top Go down
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 1:37 pm

that would be good but a 32 team would be the best bet in that scenario
Back to top Go down
Warf_GatorFanForLife
Vice President
Warf_GatorFanForLife

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 1:39 pm

That Would be good always but the big question is how can we pick the last 12? the ones out the 25
Back to top Go down
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 1:42 pm

record/ conference records/ strength of schedule/ or team that fans travel the best
Back to top Go down
Warf_GatorFanForLife
Vice President
Warf_GatorFanForLife

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 1:44 pm

Yeah I don't Think we'll ever get our chance because they are looking at the plus 1 which SUCKS
Back to top Go down
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 1:49 pm

but the pac10 and big 10 commisoners are in charge of BCS and or big10 is.. and pac10 will split .. haha

ohio state vs usc rose bowl EVRY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! haha
Back to top Go down
Warf_GatorFanForLife
Vice President
Warf_GatorFanForLife

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 1:50 pm

I like that because no one watchs so sooner or later it has to change lmao
Back to top Go down
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 1:55 pm

they care more about the tradition of the rose bowl, of one game a year.. which is good though... i dont mind it.. its nice to see USC blowout some bad team at the end in rose bowl... when nothing is on the line
Back to top Go down
Warf_GatorFanForLife
Vice President
Warf_GatorFanForLife

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 1:56 pm

Yeah next year the gators are gunna play there tho lmao
Back to top Go down
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 2:12 pm

i hope so its never happened before. i hope we dont play USC we will be so outnumbered
Back to top Go down
Warf_GatorFanForLife
Vice President
Warf_GatorFanForLife

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 2:13 pm

I do so we can KILL them an finally put that crap to rest
Back to top Go down
WSU Warrior
walkon
WSU Warrior

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 9:02 pm

ok here's my idea. first FCS and D2 are not the same division. in D2 they do things a little weird but i like what happens. the country is divided into 4 "Super Regions" and each region gets 6 playoff slots. The top two seeds in each region gets a first round bye, 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5. the winner of 4-5 plays 1, 3-6 plays 2. in each of the regions, the top seed gets home field. however, once u hit the final 4 the games are at a fixed location. each game is played on a saturday and only carries into the 2nd week of december. the reason this works is that D2 cuts back on non-conference games. as dumb as that seems, each game carries more meaning to conference and super regional standings. if nothing else, i would like to see FBS cut the number of nonconference games to one or even cut them totally in favor of each team playing everyone in their conference. this would help eliminate some title disputes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mdsuperdupe
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/15/2009, 11:29 pm

that sounds good, actaully i like that idea alot

so that would be 24 teams right?
Back to top Go down
WSU Warrior
walkon
WSU Warrior

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/16/2009, 11:25 am

yea 24 teams. and for all those still in favor of corporate america ruling NCAA football, u make each of the 23 games a "bowl game," each with a sponsor and such
Back to top Go down
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/16/2009, 12:06 pm

that would be tighttt
Back to top Go down
LouEHoltz
Targets
LouEHoltz

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/16/2009, 12:57 pm

I like the Idea GetChomped. However, what would you think about how Division II already does it, a playoff with 4 super regionals? That way, teams and fans don't have to travel far until they advance to the final few rounds, saving lots of money all around and not interfering with class schedules too much. In fact, I believe there are actually more teams in D2 than D1-BCS and their playoff system still seems to work out well.
Back to top Go down
LouEHoltz
Targets
LouEHoltz

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/16/2009, 12:58 pm

actually i apologize, it appears wsu warrior already mentioned that. LOL
Back to top Go down
Warf_GatorFanForLife
Vice President
Warf_GatorFanForLife

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/16/2009, 11:17 pm

Yes it would be a very good idea
Back to top Go down
WSU Warrior
walkon
WSU Warrior

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/16/2009, 11:32 pm

ok, so just forward the message to Obama, he'll pass it on to America and it will be implemented by 2011!
Back to top Go down
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/17/2009, 12:04 am

LouEHoltz wrote:
I like the Idea GetChomped. However, what would you think about how Division II already does it, a playoff with 4 super regionals? That way, teams and fans don't have to travel far until they advance to the final few rounds, saving lots of money all around and not interfering with class schedules too much. In fact, I believe there are actually more teams in D2 than D1-BCS and their playoff system still seems to work out well.

That would be tightt
Back to top Go down
WSU Warrior
walkon
WSU Warrior

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime1/20/2009, 9:25 am

felt we need to revive this thread. any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If we have a playoff ... check this out   If we have a playoff ... check this out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If we have a playoff ... check this out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next