Gator Roundup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gator Roundup

The Ultimate Free Florida Gator and sports forum on the web!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Offensive line coach Addazio to succeed Mullen as coordinator

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Warf_GatorFanForLife
Vice President
Warf_GatorFanForLife

Offensive line coach Addazio to succeed Mullen as coordinator Empty
PostSubject: Offensive line coach Addazio to succeed Mullen as coordinator   Offensive line coach Addazio to succeed Mullen as coordinator Icon_minitime12/28/2008, 9:08 am

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida Gators coach Urban Meyer picked offensive line coach Steve Addazio to succeed Dan Mullen as offensive coordinator.

Mullen, hired as Mississippi State's head coach earlier this month, still was expected to call plays when the top-ranked Gators play No. 2 Oklahoma in the Bowl Championship Series national title game Jan. 8 in Miami.

"I'm excited to keep the continuity of our play calling within our current staff," Meyer said in a statement Saturday. "Steve has played a key role in our offense in his time at Florida. Our entire offensive staff is involved in game planning and scripting plays. As always, I will remain very involved in the offensive game plan."

Addazio, who served as Indiana's offensive coordinator before arriving at Florida in 2005, has worked with Meyer six years. They also spent two years together at Notre Dame.

Meyer said receivers coach Billy Gonzales, running backs coach Kenny Carter and tight ends coach John Hevesy will continue to have roles in calling plays and putting together game plans.

Addazio, though, got the promotion.

"I'm extremely humbled because I know it is a group effort of our offensive staff and players that have made us successful and will continue to make us successful," Addazio said. "Coach Meyer's track record obviously speaks for itself with his previous coordinators."

Mullen became the third former offensive coordinator under Meyer to become a head coach elsewhere. Former Utah offensive coordinator Mike Sanford was hired at UNLV, and former Bowling Green offensive coordinator Gregg Brandon was hired at Bowling Green.
Back to top Go down
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

Offensive line coach Addazio to succeed Mullen as coordinator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive line coach Addazio to succeed Mullen as coordinator   Offensive line coach Addazio to succeed Mullen as coordinator Icon_minitime12/28/2008, 12:57 pm

So in a few years Addazio will become a head coaching target, haha
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/xtigersmarlinsx

Offensive line coach Addazio to succeed Mullen as coordinator
Page 1 of 1