Gator Roundup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gator Roundup

The Ultimate Free Florida Gator and sports forum on the web!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm Empty
PostSubject: Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm   Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm Icon_minitime2/3/2009, 1:40 am

on espn
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/xtigersmarlinsx
Warf_GatorFanForLife
Vice President
Warf_GatorFanForLife

PostSubject: Re: Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm   Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm Icon_minitime2/3/2009, 1:54 am

today? or signing day?
Back to top Go down
Warf_GatorFanForLife
Vice President
Warf_GatorFanForLife

PostSubject: Re: Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm   Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm Icon_minitime2/3/2009, 2:14 am

At this stage in the recruiting season, rumors are swirling. The latest had Trent Richardson breaking off his long-time commitment to Alabama.
While LSU and Florida are making a strong push for the nation's No. 1 running back, Richardson's track and field coach and personal advisor Derrick Boyd says the rumors about a de-commitment are not true. Boyd was in the Richardson home Monday night for a six-hour meeting with Florida head coach Urban Meyer.

"I didn't hear the word 'de-commit' at all," Boyd said. "It appears that Florida might have made up a lot of ground, but I didn't ever hear the word 'de-commit.' It is going to be very interesting. When I left his house, Urban and coach Kenny Carter and I were all leaving at the same time."

Meyer's visit began a busy week for Richardson, who will also receive visits from LSU on Wednesday, Alabama on Thursday and Florida State on Friday. Alabama coach Nick Saban already did his one in-home visit with Richardson in December, but NCAA rules permit additional visits by assistant coaches. Offensive coordinator Jim McElwain, running backs coach Burton Burns and newly hired linebackers coach James Willis, whose recruiting territory includes Pensacola, are expected to visit Richardson on Thursday.

While Boyd said Richardson didn't switch his commitment Monday night, he admitted that the talented running back is probably as torn as ever with just over a week until National Signing Day, which is a week from Wednesday.

"I do think that prior to last night, Alabama was still in the lead," Boyd said. "Now it's probably a dead heat until [signing day]."

Richardson, No. 6 on the ESPNU 150, has been verbally committed to Alabama since June 2. He has taken visits to Alabama, Florida and LSU, and plans one to Florida State this weekend.
Back to top Go down
GetChomped13
Admin
GetChomped13

PostSubject: Re: Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm   Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm Icon_minitime2/3/2009, 4:26 am

signing day
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/xtigersmarlinsx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm   Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trent Richardson to announce at 4pm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gator Roundup :: College Sports :: College Football-
Jump to: